Golf Club Welfare Officer
Whilst everyone is responsible for safeguarding the Club Welfare Officer is the person within a Golf Club with primary responsibility for managing and reporting concerns about children or adults at risk and for putting in to place safeguarding procedures.
Policy and Procedures
- To assist the club to put Safeguarding Policy and Procedures in place.
- To assist the club to put implementation plans in place for child safeguarding.
- To promote awareness of the Codes of Conduct for staff, volunteers, coaches, members (juniors and adults) and parents.
- To ensure that safe recruitment procedures for staff and volunteers are followed.
- To ensure that all appropriate existing staff or volunteers have an up-to-date DBS Enhanced Disclosure. These should be updated every 3 years.
- To be the first point of contact for club staff, volunteers, young people and parents for any issues concerning child welfare / adults at risk, poor practice and potential or alleged abuse.
- To ensure that all incidents are reported correctly and referred in accordance with Policy guidelines.
- To act independently and in the best interests of a child at the club, putting the child’s needs above those of others and the club itself
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained and information is only shared on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- Maintain contact details for the local children’s social care department, the police and Local Safeguarding Children Board.
- Be the first point of contact with the England Golf Lead Safeguarding Officer.
Education and Training
- To advise the club on appropriate training for coaches and volunteers based on the England Golf recommended training requirements.
- To signpost those with roles and responsibilities for children and young people to appropriate safeguarding training opportunities.
- Work with others in the club to ensure a positive child-centred environment.
- Assist England Golf to fulfil its responsibilities to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk at club level.
- To sit on the club management committee to advise on child safeguarding issues or be in attendance as necessary.
Adults Safeguarding DGC
Children Safeguarding DGC
EG Golfsafe Welfare Officer